Friday, March 23, 2012

Serenity Prayer



God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to changes the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.



I wanted to share this short prayer this week for three reasons. First, I just finished reading Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Talents. Actually, I didn’t really like the book, but it did get me thinking a little bit about religion, spirituality, and the difference between the two. Second, this passage has been my favorite prayer ever since I first heard Cee-Lo read it on the Soul Food album. Lastly, there are (always) things going on around me, and events unfolding that could affect my life in the present and the near future. It’s too early to know how this will all play out, and there’s not much I can do in the meantime, other than stay focused on keeping my mind right for whatever comes next...
Pura Vida,
Drew


Random feel-good pictures...


A birthday party at the Centro de Juventude





Falafel night at Jesse's apartment



St. Patrick's Day




English Class at the Centro de Juventude 




No comments:

Post a Comment